20 April 2020
|Album Title: Cowards|
Release Date: April 10, 2020
Album Title: Cowards
Release Date: April 10, 2020
Label: Waterlow Audio
“Another grunge-inspired stoner rock ‘n’ roll track now with BADGUYSWIN and their debut ‘Needle Beach’, combining Ozzy-like vocals with the kind of riffs you’d see Orange Goblin churning out through their career… quite the way to introduce themselves!” – Uber Rock UK
“Due out on April 10th, the guys are ready to unleash their debut full-length, Cowards, tailor-made to give you a different listening experience with each of the record’s twelve tracks. Grunge rock may be a distant spec in the musical rearview mirror, but it’s comforting to know that bands such as BADGUYSWIN are carrying on the tradition of that legendary era.” – V13
1. Like A Sailor: Misleading intro, steady driving rock song with ambient Outro. About a person with a secret.
2. Low Lifer: Palindrome song structure. Lots of fast thumping tom action. Staccato guitar licks. Failing at bettering yourself in spite of trying.
3. Honey Bucket: Southern shuffle beat. Spanish style riffs within a bluesy feel. Highs and lows of an addiction.
5. Between Hook And Hole: Marching tempo, ethereal leads, big anthemic chorus. Desperate actions for desperate measures.
6. Fly On The Wall: Hardcore punk riff to start. Poly rhythm bridge and old-timey lead ending. Finally understanding someone’s true personality.
7. Coal: Percussive and heavy. Sing along chorus. Working hard for something and achieving nothing.
8. August 8th: Melodramatic ballad. Tracing all your problems to a specific origin.
9. Needle Beach: Southern swing driven by the bass and kick drum. A common place to indulge and wallow.
10. Legends Of The Wheel: Fast tempo punk feel. Incompetent people getting a pass.
11. Under It All: Dynamic hook oriented slow burner. Accepting what you have lost.
12. Central: Heavy and in your face. Pinnacle outro. An Exclamation! mark on the end of the album. Embracing and justifying living a cowardly lifestyle.
All songs performed by: BADGUYSWIN
All songs written by: Shane Sherman and BADGUYSWIN
Produced by: Shane Sherman and Zak Waterlow
Mixed by: Zak Waterlow
Mastered by: Brock McFarlane
Album Artwork by: Shane Sherman
Videos for Lying to Myself and Honey Bucket directed by Renton Brand of Zero City.
Nirvana and Soundgarden may be no more, but the members of Canada’s BADGUYSWIN are here to serve up your guilty pleasure for an era of rock n’ roll that’s knocking on doors and making its comeback. Heavy driven grunge-inspired loud amps, blended with clean vocals, plentiful harmonies and driving rhythms are what fuels this Grand Forks, BC band to keep things stuck in your head for days to come! Featuring 3 out of 4 members from technical metal band Slagduster, BADGUYSWIN shows off their original roots in music, the grunge era of the 90s where they would glue themselves to the stereo for hours. The members of BADGUYSWIN also all grew up together in the same small town and have been playing music together in various ways for 15 years.
The band’s debut full length “Cowards” was written to give the listener an experience that doesn’t repeat itself over 12 tracks.
“Nearly one-hour long adventure ready to be enjoyed through you’re headphones in a beanbag chair or blasted from the speakers of your 93′ Honda Civic.” says vocalist/guitarist Shane Sherman.
The album is a heavy and hooky modern take on a classic sound with influences that are everything 90’s in grunge, stoner, alternative, and punk. It was conceived organically, performed and recorded DIY style at the home studio of drummer Zak Waterlow with mastering by Brock McFarlane of CPS studios in Vancouver. The album has a crisp and larger than life sound. With plenty of easter eggs that’ll have you searching for more from each listen.