Pandemic Purge: Americans Putting off Marriage
Guest Opportunity: Joryn Jenkins — Award Winning Family Lawyer, Legal Strategist and Best Selling Author of many books including “War or Peace (Avoid the Destruction of Divorce Court)”& “I Never Saw My Father Again: The Divorce Court Effect”
For many people, the most important moments of adulthood often center around getting married and having kids. It sure looks like times are changing. A new survey Americans are trading in their dreams of a happy home and instead are focused on personal finances in 2020 and beyond.
A poll of 2,000 Americans (Life Happens) finds that a majority of adults are putting off traditional life milestones like marriage, starting a family, and saving for retirement. Is money impacting the way you plan?
Collaborative Lawyer Joryn Jenkins further elaborates on this story and uses her experience to talk about how this pandemic is changing the mindset of the average person as they try to adapt to everyday life.
- What have you seen beyond the norm during this pandemic?
- Will this way of thinking continue beyond the virus?
- Are people putting off Divorce based on finances?
Joryn was recently interviewed on ABC7 to explains all the intricacies of divorce. Here is the segment: www.mysuncoast.com/video/2020/01/08/abc-news
(*** Joryn has had some of her articles published ( Click Here) on the “it’s over easy” blog created by Laura Wasser, attorney of the stars. Some of Wasser’s clients have included Ryan Reynolds, Heidi Klum, Ashton Kutcher, Christina Aguilera, Marta Kauffman, and Johnny Depp.
Wasser’s review of Joryn’ book, “I Never Saw My Father Again.” “Joryn Jenkins’ I Never Saw My Father Again makes clear that individuals destined for dissolution can be masters of their own destiny by using modern resolution tools to stay out of the courtroom. Family Law practitioners and parents alike have a responsibility to children to settle issues and avoid the emotional and financial devastation of litigation. There is a new way of getting through this process. Jenkins’ book helps explain why and how the evolution is necessary for our generation.”
Joryn’s book, “War or Peace (Avoid the Destruction of Divorce Court)” covers the horror stories of divorce along with a mutual split. Get your copy NOW!
Meet Joryn Jenkins:
Joryn Jenkins is a trial attorney with 40+ years of courtroom experience, now in private practice at Open Palm in Tampa, where she concentrates on the courtless practice of family law. While Joryn’s focus during most of her years in practice has centered on legal ethics, civility, and professionalism in the practice of law, her mission in recent years has morphed, to “change the way the world gets divorced,” to inform folks as to the alternatives they have when it comes to the process of divorce, and to enlighten them as to which choices will best suit their families and their finances. Here are her publishing accolades……….
* Former Editor of The Family Law Commentator of The Florida Bar & Former Editor-in-Chief of both The Federal Lawyer and The Bencher magazines.
* Author of the following books…
· Florida Civil Practice Motions (Lexis Law Publishing)
· The Stepmother’s Cookbook
· War or Peace (Avoid the Destruction of Divorce Court)
· I Never Saw My Father Again (The Divorce Court Effect)
· A Free Divorce Handbook (How to Organize a Collaborative Divorce Pro Bono Project)
· Open for Business (Managing Your Collaborative Practice for Passion & Profit)
· Changing the Way the World Gets Divorced (Marketing Your Collaborative Practice)
· Editor, The Divorce Puzzle (Connecting the Pieces Collaboratively)
· From Rookie to Rainmaker (How to Grow Your Law Business)
· From Lawyer to Law Firm (How to Build a Successful Law Business)
· Editor, Champions of Collaborative Divorce (Changing the Way the World Gets Divorced, Volume I – Tampa Bay)